Saturday, September 27, 2008
sorry I'm late! 10:46 PM
I'm am SO SORRY.
I did say I'd come online tonight, but I had to go out for dinner and only got back not long ago.
Anyway, this morning was pretty good! :)
Was glad with the overwhelming turn up.. which was a bit of a problem too. I hope that some problems were cleared today! There's tomorrow, then Monday! Are you prepared?
The most problematic chapters are as follows:
***Water Cycle -
if asked to write out the whole water cycle, UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT, then you don't have to memorise you crazy kids:Water from water sources (lakes, rivers, seas, oceans) is heated up, and the water rises into atmosphere as water vapour. This process is
evaporation.
Water vapor is also released by plants through their leaves, by a process called
transpiration.
Water vapour rises high in the sky and cools into water droplets by the process of
condensation, forming clouds.
When the water vapour becomes too large and heavy to float in the air, they fall from the clouds as rain or snow in a process called
precipitation.
Some of the water seeps into the ground and is stored as
groundwater.
Water that does not seep into the ground flows as streams and rivers, freely on the surface, in a process called
surface runoff.
***River Nile:this is more memory work, but if you understand the relationships, then you have less to memorise. Understand that in Unit 14.3, there are
two parts. One is the River Nile itself, the other is the Aswan High Dam. The advantages and disadvantages are the things you need to know. You realise that there are some similar points in both the River Nile and the Dam.
E.g. Toursim. When we say the River attracts tourist by its natural beauty, or that the
importance of the Nile, thus it is a
source of income the the host nation.
BUT, in the Dam, we make reference to the benefits the Dam gave, which would be the all year flooding that allows cruises to be held throguhout the year. Thus it is a
source of income the the host nation.
It is still the same benefits, in a way, but WITH RESPECT TO DIFFERENT THINGS.
***Rock Cycle:DON'T MEMORISE. UNDERSTANDDDDDDDD. teach you the rules of the rock cycle:1. Magma can only turn into Igneous rocks through
cooling and solidification2. Sediments can only turn into Sedimentary rocks through
cementation and compaction3. Igneous and Sedimentary rocks can only become Metamorphic rocks under
extreme heat and pressure4. ALL rocks (igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic) can undergo
weathering and erosion to form
sediments to form
sedimentary rock through cementation and compaction5. ALL rocks (igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic) can turn back to
magma by melting***I know it's really last minute, but I'll try to be home early, and email me if there's any questions!
ALL THE BEST! :)
Love, Ms.Tan
Labels: Notes